Terms and Conditions
These TCs apply when you buy any goods via engravedrinks.com (EngraveGifts Limited) or otherwise use this site. By accessing the website and or placing an order, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We may change these terms and conditions ("T&Cs") at any time. Please check them carefully as they will apply to any new purchases made after the effective date shown at the footer.
- We will not sell or deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18 years old. By placing an order you agree to our terms and conditions and confirm that you and the person you are buying the gift for (recipient) is over 18 years old. We reserve the right to cancel your order if we are unsure of your age or the recipients age. A person commits an offence if they buy or attempt to buy alcohol on behalf someone under 18.
- We take underage purchasing and possession of alcohol very seriously. In order to protect young people, engravedrinks.com and the integrity of our business, we will take active steps to use the Challenge 25 policy. Regular spot checks are carried out on orders and customers for age validation. Acceptable forms of ID to prove you are over 18 include: A photo driving licence. A passport. A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme
- Any customers purchasing alcohol which are underage or buying for underage individuals (proxy sales) will be reported to the appropriate authorities and records will be held regarding the attempted purchase.
- In the event that a product is unavailable when you submit your order, we will contact you to offer a suitable replacement product, offer a refund, or another acceptable arrangement for the completion of your order.
- Placing an order on our website does not constitute a contract, which is made only when we accept your order and process payment.
- We reserve the right not to accept any order placed. We have the right not to accept and message for engraving
- We cannot guarantee the availability of specific vintages; all products are subject to availability. Please contact us prior to ordering to get confirmation of a specific vintage.
- Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, all bottle sizes, alcohol by volume (abv) and origin information indicated on our Website may vary from the specification set out in the order.
- The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on our Website.
- Your order is an offer to buy from us. Please check your order very carefully to ensure it is correct before submitting. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the full details of the Order and submitted complete and accurate
- engravedrinks.com ships only within the UK. By special arrangement we can accept orders for shipping abroad and prior to the order being placed. Unfortunately at present we cannot ship to EU member states.
- We will only arrange for delivery once we have received full payment in cleared funds.
- We use an independent courier service. An extra delivery charge of £8.99 will be charged for re-delivery. These charges will occur if you haven’t provided a correct delivery address and the parcel is returned, if you have not collect the item from the courier holding depot within the notified collection timescale and if the courier has attempted delivery on 2 occasions leaving calling cards/SMS/email updates and the parcel has been retuned.
- We will do our best to arrange delivery within the time specified on our website or, if none are specified a reasonable period. We are not liable for late delivery to the extent that this is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including the address being incorrect or not recognised by the courier.
- Where delivery requires a signature on receipt, the docket must be signed only by a person who is 18 or over.
- If you are not available to sign for your parcel at the point of delivery then the courier may obtain and signature and hand the parcel to a neighbour. If there are any specific instructions on your delivery as to who may sign for the delivery in your absence please get in touch prior to placing your order.
- Delivery is also subject to the conditions set out on the Delivery information page on our website.
- You may be asked to verify your age during the order or delivery process as part of the challenge 25 policy. Please be ready to show acceptable forms of identification for proof of age. The identification must show a photograph, date of birth and either a holographic mark or ultraviolet feature. Such as a driving license, passport, military ID card, national identity card or a proof of age card with the PASS hologram.
- If you have arranged an order with delivery outside of the EU, UK VAT will not be charged. Your order will however be subject to the country’s local sales taxes and duties upon arrival. Any duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient and are calculated at the time the parcel clears customs. Customs charges and policies vary from country to country and can be subject to change, we have no control over these charges, nor can we estimate what the charges may be. The recipient will be contacted by customs directly to arrange payment of taxes and duties. If the recipient refuses to pay the local import duties and taxes the goods may be destroyed or returned to sender by customs. You should contact the local customs office for further information.
- If any of the details you have given us in your delivery address are incorrect, we accept no liability for any items which have not been received.
- Force Majeure - engravedrinks.com shall have no liability to you for any delay or failure to deliver the Products to the extent that such delay or failure to deliver arises from causes beyond the reasonable control of engravedrinks.com including, but not limited to, fire, floods, acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supranational authority, war, riot, strike, lock-out and industrial disputes.
- Promotional offers and prices are as stated, with no further discounts available.
- The price for the goods you order is as stated on our site at the time you send us your order. VAT or sales tax is included unless we say otherwise.
- Although we endeavour to ensure that all pricing information on this website is accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be incorrectly priced. If we discover a pricing error we will, at our discretion, either: contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order, or continue with the order at the correct price; or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods at the incorrect price.
- We reserve the right to adjust prices, offers, goods and specifications of goods at our discretion at any time before (but not after) we accept your order. Where an end date is specified on any offer on the website, it is intended as a guide only. We reserve the right to change prices at any time.
- Delivery costs are charged extra at the rate and options shown on our site when you place your order. These will depend on the delivery location and the delivery method chosen. NB The delivery charges do not include customs or import duties which may be applied to your order by the relevant authorities. It is your separate responsibility to pay for these.
Damages, Exchanges, Returns & Refunds
We have different rules for returns of personalised products and non- personalised products. In all cases you must get in touch to arrange a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Number.
- In the case of faulty, damaged or incorrectly described goods, please let us know straight away by contacting us by email or telephone.
- If a claim is made for damage, the recipient must keep all packaging and any damaged items for inspection until the claim is resolved. Any information requested by engravedrinks.com must be provided within 21 days. If the information requested is not received within this timescale, engravedrinks.com reserves the right to close the claim.
- You must request a refund within 14 days of purchase and return the products within 14 days of the notice to return the products.
- We may require faulty bottles to be returned to us and will arrange this as and when necessary. The risk in the Goods shall pass to the Customer on completion of the delivery
- Unsealed edible products customised or personalised items and items specially ordered for the customer cannot be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will provide a full refund or replacement for any products that are deemed faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Return will only be accepted from the person who bought the item
- Once an order is complete you will be sent the courier tracking code, please ensure you are aware and act on courier updates or information requested by the courier. Undelivered or lost parcels must be reported as a loss straight away from any courier tracking updates or within 30 calendar days of the date of posting. Failure to report damage or loss may result in there being no replacement and no claim will be entertained nor will we accept any liability, so far as permitted by law.
- We cannot accept returns of goods that have been opened or tampered with.
- Upon exchanging or returning a product, you will be liable for the goods until delivered and to pay the return shipping cost, if the product is faulty we will refund you for the standard shipping costs set at Royal Mail 1st class price. (please note: we are unable to refund special delivery costs). It is recommended that you track any return packages and ask for a proof of postage which can be obtained from the post office.Charges will be refunded within 48 hours of the goods being returned in merchantable condition.
- Returned products must have proof of purchase, be returned with the original packaging and must be unused, un-damaged and in a re-saleable condition.
- Please see "Special Conditions" for returns or refunds to personalised goods
- In the event of complaint please get in touch via the contact form including details of your order (if you have made one) and full details of the complaint. All complaints will be acknowledged within 48 hours. Each complaint will be treated as confidential and will be attended to by a senior manager or director.
- For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offenses, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. Information shared in this way will not be used for marketing purposes.
Reviews and Comments
- Users of this website may post reviews, ratings and comments. This right is extended on condition that the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable. Specifically, content should not include software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation or spam posting.
- You cannot impersonate any person or entity, use a false email address or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content.
- We reserve the right, to remove or edit reviews and comments.
- If you post content or submit material, unless indicated otherwise you:
- Grant engravedrinks.com and its affiliated companies a non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, create derivative works from, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- Grant engravedrinks.com and its affiliates and sub-licensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose.
- Agree that the rights you grant above are irrevocable during the period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to engravedrinks.com, the content and material is accurate; use of the content and material you supply does not breach any engravedrinks.com policies or guidelines and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory).
- You agree to indemnify engravedrinks.com and its affiliates for all claims brought by a third party against engravedrinks.com or its affiliates arising out of or in connection with a breach of any of these warranties.
Special conditions relating to “Personalised” products
- Engravedrinks.com offers the customer a personalisation service, the purchase of personalised products is a two stage process that see’s the supplier only personalise the bottle once the Title of the Goods has been transferred to the customer. The customer, as legal owner of the bottle provides details of text and image they would like personalising on the bottle. All liabilities for engraved messages and engraved images are the customers.
- Engrave Drinks is not affiliated, connected or associated in any way (whether as an authorised supplier or distributor or otherwise) with any of the manufacturers or producers of the goods or brands of goods that are offered for sale on the website
- We use great care and skill to provide quality laser engraved products with specialist engraving machinery and specialised training. From time to time there may be slight imperfections in the products we buy from suppliers and personalise, these imperfections do not cause for a refund. These imperfections may include markings within the glass of bottles such as tiny bubbles, side mould seams or lines/scratches, and slight misalignment, fault or small tears to labelling or bottle text and design.
- Product names, images and descriptions on the website are intended for illustrative purposes only and although we take great care in replicating the preview image and updating all the details these may not be an exact representations of the product. Changes to our stock lines may include slight name changes, changes to bottle shapes, labelling, the ABV of the contents, brand colours and style, any of which can change at any point and without notice as we order from our suppliers. If you require a specific bottle or specific personalisation please get in touch and we can provide you with any details of options
- Orders for personalised products cannot be cancelled once the order has been processed. Next day and expedited orders can not be cancelled as the process to fulfil the order will have started
- You agree that you will not include any text, image, design, trademark, service mark, or any copyrighted work of any third party in your personalised products unless you have obtained the appropriate authorisations from the owners.
- By purchasing engraved or personalised products you understand and instruct engravedrinks.com to removed the product labelling if necessary to incorporate the personalised message you have provided and to fulfil your order details.
- We cannot guarantee delivery in the original packaging. Engraved products will be re-packaged in air bags to protect the bottle and engraving. If you require an original manufacturer box please get in touch to make this arrangement prior to ordering.
- The engraving preview, personalisation layout, fonts and font colours are for representation purposes only and may differ slightly to what is received. We follow every order closely on personalised selections made, however we reserve the right to amend these selections if necessary to improve the outcome of the engraved product. Where possible we will inform you in advance that we are making a change to the font or colour options.
- For the safety of our staff exposed plastic materials may be removed from items during the engraving process, due to hazardous fumes that can be produced.
- You should check all details in your order prior to submitting, we will also send you an automated order confirmation email where you can re-check your order details.
- You should inspect all goods at the time of collection or delivery and notify us straight away of any missing or faulty items. After seven days you will be deemed to have accepted the goods and no returns will be accepted thereafter.
- We refuse orders that advocate, promote or assists with any unlawful acts
- Where an item is faulty, we will ask you to return it to us within three days of receipt. You can contact our customer service for returns details and a RMA number.
- Refunds cannot be given if the fault is a result of your own actions such as product misuse, or if the order has been placed incorrectly - if personalisation has a spelling mistake or if the wrong product/s have been ordered.
- If you place an order with Engrave Gifts and then request that you would like to cancel the order a 5% handling fee will be deducted off the order refund which is to cover payment processing fees. Your refund will therefore be minus the 5% you have paid and the remainder will be refunded back to your original payment method
- The personalised engraved messages are finished with specialist paints. Precautions should to be taken in Handling and Storage. Water, damp and condensation from fridge storage may result in the paint becoming less visible. Store in cool dry conditions and avoid excessive handling.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes will be decided only by the English courts.
Last revision date: 12 December 2020